Monday, June 30, 2008

BOLOCO Race Report (aka Go loco)

Ya me voy a loco!

Translation: I've gone crazy. Like you didn't know that already.

Yesterday's double hit at the BOLOCO Grand Prix in Newton was a fun time.

Hit #1 was the 5K running (yes - running) race at Noon. The organizer had some issues with registration and other organization (first year issues, perhaps?) but the race went off at 12:30pm. I was near the front and hit it when the whistle blew.

I should not have hit it so hard. I was running a 5:30 pace. After about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile I pulled the ripcord. No way I could sustain that and still have any ability to climb on a bike afterwards. I ran about 7:30 pace the rest of the race and came in around 21-22 minutes I think.

After wiping the gobs and gobs of sweat off, I kitted up and lined up with the Cat 4s. Me, John and Zak representing for IBC.

The plan: Zak attacks up the hills to push the pace and tire others out, while John save himself for the spring finish. I was to lead John out (if possible) or at least get him to a good position on the last lap. this wasn't even necessary as John took a flyer on the last turn and stuck it until about 25 meters to the line.

I tootled in mid-pack in the thirties. Satisfied with my daily double and now ready for what is most likely my last Fitchburg Longsjo race.

No comments: